Urushi Cedar Placemat
Japan Urushi ware
This wooden placemat / tray is thin but very durable Japanese ware which is finished with natural Urushi lacquer. Urushi represents one of the traditional surface finish in Japanese culture. It is very quaint but bold richness. This item can be used as tray or plate as well as placemat. It is nice for placing your dinnerware or tea set, and also good for serving appetizer or small meal on directly. Perfect for serving or display. Each item is hand crafted and finished by master craftsman one by one. Therefore each one has its own character. As you see the photo, this Urushi finish has a color unevenness which is one of characteristics of the finish.
This is custom order item.
Please be advised that our custom orders are exempt from our return policy.
|Area of production||
Japanese Chizu-Sugi Cedar
12”x16.5” x 0.25”
Usually, 2-4weeks. This item is custom order, once your order is confirmed; we cannot accept cancellation or return. Please allow us 2-4weeks to ship your items.
Care & Use
- Do not wash the item in dishwasher or put in a dryer.
- Hand wash to clean with using neutral detergent and soft sponge. You can wash the lacquer ware in cold or warm water.
- Never Use scouring pads, abrasive cleansers, harsh detergents to clean your lacquer ware. They will lose their natural glossiness, and change the appearance.
- Do not place hot cooking utensils on your lacquer ware.
- Do not leave lacquer ware in direct sun light or extreme heat or humidity for long time. They can change shape, color and can develop mold.