Hinoki Masu Box (Set of 2)
Set include 2 pieces of 8-shaku MASU box.
Since the early 1300s, the Masu has played an important role in Japanese tradition. It was originally used as a measuring cup for foods such as rice and soy sauce, and then used to measure rice when it was common as a form of currency. More recently, the Masu is widely acknowledged as a vessel for serving sake and a symbol of good luck.
|Area of production||
Japanese Cypress HINOKI
3.25″ x 3.25″ x 2.125″
Care & Use
- It is Safe to use MASU directly for daily consumption purposes as Japanese Cypress is a very safe material and the MASU have been created in a controlled environment.
- To care for your MASU, please briefly rinse immediately after use and let air dry.
- Do not place in a dishwasher, leave submerged in water for extended periods, or use in a microwave, and oven
- Avoid storing in hot and humid places or in direct sun light as rapid drying may cause cracks and gaps.
- Frequent and repeated use may result in leaks that are caused by the constant expansion and contraction of wood.
- Regarding Silk printed Color MASU, Avoid scratching the printed surface as it may cause the printed paint to come off.
- Never use abrasive cleaners or scouring pad such as steel wool, scouring powder.