Bamboo Chopsticks (Set of 2)
Kurume Rantai Lacquer ware
These fine bamboo chopsticks are handcrafted by master craftsmen of Kurume, a city within Fukuoka, Japan. Thin strips of well-dried bamboo fiber are wrapped around the bamboo core, and sealed with Urushi lacquer coating multiple times to the complete the Kurume Rantai Lacquer ware. This lacquer technique developed in the Meiji period (1868-1912) allowing little expansion/contraction from humidity, making the chopsticks light and durable. The product is meant to last for many years. With continual use, the chopsticks develop a beautiful antiqued appearance, allowing the user to enjoy the changing expression of the lacquer ware. The product has superb durability and elegance, a characteristic of traditional Japanese craft. Set include 2 bamboo chopsticks.
Out of stock
|Area of production||
Red & Green
Care & Use
- Do not put the items in Dishwasher.
- Hand Wash with mild detergent using soft cloth (sponge).
- Tone of dye may have slight individual variation.
- Store the bamboo items in well-ventilated area
- Use of product under direct fire, and Microwave is prohibited